How many care providers have you seen for help with sciatica pain? If you’re like most people, you’ve been to many until you finally gave up and just took the prescription pills that were recommended. However, what if you don’t want to settle with medications that you’re not comfortable taking? You don’t have to, because a chiropractor in Salem,OR like Dr. Owen can help you finally take control of your sciatica in an effective manner.
Learning More About Sciatica
What a lot of sciatica sufferers don’t know is that this pain is actually a symptom of a different problem going on within the body. This is why it’s important to get comprehensive testing that looks for the cause of the pain rather than taking medications that only numb it. Chiropractors are the only care providers who use this type of approach, as our focus is finding the underlying cause of sciatica so it can be addressed and healed. Our testing will point out the specific causes of symptoms you’ve experienced, which could include:
- Spinal Stenosis: A narrowing of the spinal canal that places pressure on nerves.
- Herniated Disc: When a disc is herniated it grows in size and places a lot of pressure on the root of the nerve, resulting in pain.
- Piriformis Syndrome: There are a lot of muscles in your buttocks, and one that is the most likely to become tight is the piriformis muscle. If this happens, then it can put pressure on your sciatic nerve, which results in pain and irritation.
- Spondylolisthesis: When a vertebra slips and leaves a narrow opening for the nerve to go through, which can cause exposure and pain.
- Subluxation: A slight misalignment of the vertebra putting pressure on the nerve that creates sciatica. A chiropractic adjustment relieves the pressure off of the nerve, thus relieving the sciatica.
With many other underlying issues that could be contributing to your sciatica, it’s impossible to determine what the exact causes of your pain are until you have testing done. Fortunately, a chiropractor will start your care with this from your first appointment so we know exactly what’s going on within your body.
When to Seek Help?
A lot of care providers Oregon outside of Chiropractic Medicine will tell you that mild sciatica pain will get worse, but for many people, this is simply not the case. If you want to minimize your risk of this happening to you, then seeing a chiropractor in Salem right away is important. Once we know what has been causing your sciatica pain, Dr. Owen will put together the solutions that will heal those issues in the most effective way. This could include everything from adjustments to physical therapy, depending on your body in particular. By taking these solutions seriously and committing to the plan your chiropractor creates, you could be left with a lot less pain that helps you live more comfortably every day. In or near Salem? Call us to schedule your appointment today!
Our chiropractic services also include pregnancy, see this article for more information