With arms and wrists being some of the most exposed parts of the body in a vehicle, it’s easy to see why they’re commonly injured during car accidents. If you’ve experienced any type of arm or wrist injury for yourself, then it may be time to speak with a D.C. about how they can help. These care providers are unique with their in-depth approach to addressing pain in the body and will work hard to discover the underlying cause of yours in particular.
What’s Causing Your Wrist Pain?
- Fracture: There are many small bones in the wrist, any of which can become fractured when you’re in a car accident.
- Sprains & Strains: All of the bones in the body and wrist are connected by ligaments. If these are strained, the ligament can stretch or tear.
- Tendonitis: Tendons can also become inflamed during a car accident when any type of injury occurs. This can cause swelling, numbness, and problems with moving the wrist as normal.
How Can a D.C. Help With Wrist Pain?
If you have pain or any discomfort in your wrist, Dr. Owen will provide you with testing to determine the root cause of the pain. This will point out the solutions that are most likely to help and may include:
Wrist Adjustment: When performed by a trained professional, an adjustment can align bones back to their proper state. This can help reduce tension and inflammation, enhance circulation of the blood, and increase range of motion. The specific type of adjustment done will depend on the patient and their injury in particular, which is why seeing an experienced chiropractor is so important.
What’s Causing Your Arm Pain?
- Disc Injury: Although disc injuries can cause back pain, because they can herniate and push on nerves, they can also cause arm pain as well.
- Stretched Muscles: During a car accident the muscles can stretch farther than normal and cause swelling, inflammation, and nerve irritation as a result.
- In addition to Arm pain, neck and back pain is also very common in car accidents.
How Can Dr. Owen Help With Arm Pain?
- Arm Movements & Exercises: Specific movements can help restore motion in the arm and align scar tissue properly. The exercises that will be most helpful will be determined by Dr. Owen after extensive testing and exams.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Adjustments tailored to the back and arm can help alleviate tension, especially for those who have disc injuries. Dr. Owen has in-depth knowledge of how the spine is connected to the rest of the body (including the arm), so he knows which adjustments are most effective for all types of arm pain.